Monday, November 12, 2007

Guac it to me

Guacamole. Two years ago, I would have told you it looks like baby poo on a bad day, in other words, no thanks. But because I have a new-found appreciation for the oddly colored dip/condiment, I felt I should try my hand at a home-made version and report the results. Aside from providing myself with a tasty snack for the next week, I figure avocado, tomatoes, onions and fresh herbs (main ingredients in most guacamole recipes) are mostly good for you, so I can pretend I’m doing my part to help curb the obesity epidemic happening in America right?

In any case, my results were pretty amazing and buying the materials at the store and making your own concoction is bound to be cheaper than buy the pre-bought stuff and it'll have less preservatives. What’s important to know about guacamole… well I’m drawing a blank. It was a creation of the Aztecs , that’s kind of interesting, if you like history. If not, then just be happy knowing it tastes good and is fun to make (you get to mash up the avocado)and not only can you use it as a dip, but you can spread it on burgers, sandwiches or salads. What's better than versitility?

No comments: