Monday, November 26, 2007

the finale...

This is my official signing off blog, because Lord knows I can’t leave my throngs of fans just wafting alone in the breeze with no explanation of my disappearance.
I’m graduating from college in two weeks. Just two little bitty weeks and my higher education is complete.

One of the most valuable skills I’ve picked up through this education came through having this blog. For a struggling journalist who’s trying to make it in an industry that is ever-changing thanks to rapidly growing technology, knowing as much as possible about new media is key. At this point, though I’m not sure if I would want to tout my work here, I could at least say I’ve done it. It needs some finessing, sure, but blogging has been done. And best of all, things have been learned. I know the simplest (at least it’s a start) HTML tags, which is huge. I know what embedding something means. I have made an online poll. Wow.

It’s not that impressive or astonishing by any means to a normal person, but for me, it’s both. I’m so glad I know how to do the limited things I now know how to do. Zing!

No comments: